Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Wintertime sunshine

It's such a lovely day today! No hint of winter, expect that it's still cold inside the house, so Marty and I are outside enjoying the sunshine. Yes, I'm blogging from the comfort of a camp chair in the sunshine. Got to love wireless technology!

Marty had a cold/flu for a few days, and now I have it too.. so everything has ground to a halt around the old miners cottage. While Marty was sick, I did some planting, gardening and I made a start on the path beside the house.



I've been using the half-bricks from our pile. Once they're finished, we'll put in some agricultural pipe on the right hand side, and then cover the whole lot with coarse gravel. It should keep everyone's boots mud-free, and the water away from the house. Now I'm sick, I bet Marty will finish it off. ;)

The weeds have all but taken over some of the front garden beds. It was getting difficult to find the peas in the sea of green! My favourite method of weed control is smothering, and well matured horse manure is my favourite thing to smother the weeds with! :)

I'm not done yet, but this is a good example of what I mean.



I ran out of manure, though, so we'll have to go back with the trailer to get some more as soon as we're not sneezing.

Hope everyone's warm and comfortable!

Until next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment