Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My big day of cleaning

I have a few pictures for you after a very tiring day of cleaning - who knew that windows could ever become so dirty! Each window took 2 buckets of hot water and my mix of eucalyptus oil, cloudy ammonia, vinegar and bi-carb to do it, and that was just the outside frames. The windows themselves were cleaned with a bottle of warm water and a little chickpea flour (because I don't have any cornflour) and a piece of screwed-up newspaper or 8. :)

Before:

After:



A package was delivered today, through the window I was cleaning, containing herb seeds and a 2 year old Asparagus plant that Marty named it Spartacus. Spartacus is all roots at this stage! It'll be interesting to see how he goes!




So, at the end of the day, I have some update pics of the house in general.


I found the wind chime! :)


The loungeroom is still a mess, believe me when I say, it's *less* of a mess than before. ;)


The spare bedroom looks a lot better without the grotty old curtains!


The kitchen is, at long last, box free! :)

Well, it's an early night for me - I'm completely worn out! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment