The previous owners have dated the first rooms of our little old cottage to 1897, and it would have been added on over the years as the owners needs grew. Our front door is a very odd size and we've been having a terrible time trying to find doors that will fit. Yesterday was a breakthrough! We found a screen-door that almost fits, and it looks pretty too! Just needs a touch of paint and a little TLC before we attach it permanently.
We got 2 doors, not matching, but still pretty. We've given the other one to Mum and Michael because the door at their place is just as difficult to fit. I'll take a pic of theirs once they install it.
We just need one more screen door for the back and we might be able to keep the blowflies out a little more successfully. I've never seen so many as I have this season. The flyswatter is worth it's weight in gold at the moment. Yuck!
In other, not so gruesome news, we ordered some water tanks today which should arrive on Monday. 3 x 5,000 litre (1,100 gal) round green tanks. They were a good deal, and should provide us with storage for around 4 months worth of water - assuming it rains enough to fill all 3 of them. :) It should cover the water we need to keep fruit and vegetable gardens going, at least. I'll give up writing when we're expecting rain, because since Marty put in the little blue barrel as a temporary rainwater tank, it hasn't rained once! We have, however, got some water from the roof fall through the rusty part of the gutter into a well-placed bucket most mornings. :)
Until next time!