We had 3 spare batteries, so we used them in Marty's old Olympus 2.1 Megapixel camera to take a couple of the most important pics! :) The colours aren't quite right, but here goes!
This is the new screen door!
We're so proud of it! We went over the expected budget a little - paint is quite expensive! We have enough to paint left for the back screen door, once we make it. Hanging the door was more painful than making the door. It took quite a few tries, which I guess is to be expected since it's our very first door-hanging experience.
This is an old Singer sewing machine we picked up at the opshop for just $10! It's a 319K model, green in colour, typical for the 1956-1957 era it was made in. It came with spare needles and one "fashion wheel".. but no instruction booklet! I paid for one to be downloaded, and as soon as it arrives, I'll make it freely available to anyone who needs it. :p
I'll take a photo with the new camera as soon as it arrives, and you'll notice the difference - the sewing machine is suppose to be green not grey! We're not expecting the camera for over a week yet, but it'll be worth it.
We've had a good amount of rain over the last 2 days, enough to fill our barrel and plenty more for the garden. I have to admit, we've succumbed to turning on the heater today and last night, though. It'll warm up again soon.