Well, we did it. We tried the cement mixer to make lime mortar. Not great results to begin with, but we're aiming to improve our technique (as well as our sand to lime ratio!) I've started to fill some of the gaps in the wall, but I don't have any pictures as yet. Besides that, they wouldn't be much to look at yet. :)
In the garden, we've been seeing a few Redback spiders recently. This is one of the biggest we've ever seen!
Speaking of big, this marrow is over 2kg (4.47 pounds)! It was too big to weigh on my little kitchen scales, so I used the Thermomix. The Thermomix soon turned it (well, some of it anyway) into soup. One thing I found out about marrow however - you would want to peel it. I'll note that for next time! :)
So in the meantime we'll be doing more work in the loungeroom. With luck, I'll have the holes all filled soon and we can start wondering how to put floors back in there!
Until next time!