Monday, August 04, 2008

It's raining

.. and old miners cottages leak! Surprised? I wasn't! Here is a pic of the roof in the kitchen where the water leaks from:



And here is what I did about it:



It's a temporary measure - but thankfully it doesn't leak a lot.. just a little. I'm not sure if it was wise, but I felt a tinge of relief that it wasn't anything more serious causing a puddle on the floor this morning.

Otherwise, today I went to the op-shop and got some curtains and sheets. The sheets are makeshift doors for the lounge-room come bedroom, until we install some real ones!



Pink isn't my favourite colour, but that's ok - they work brilliantly!! The heater has been turned down from 3 bars to 1. Very comfortably warm in here now. I attached them using nails in the tops of the door frames. Hammering into our new house was more painful for me than it was for the cottage, I'm sure. :)

I've been concentrating on getting the kitchen done, but I'm not sure even this most recent photo shows anything different! Oh well.. you'll have to take my word for it - it's getting there! :)



I'll take a picture of the curtains I got when I have some rods / rails to hang them on.. but I'll warn you now, you won't like them! One set is green and the other is yellow. Funky '70's ones at that. Still at $10 a pair, I'm not complaining.

Last but not least - this old cottage took a fair amount more money than we were expecting it would - and that was just settlement. I guess we have many more years to look forward to cottage taking more money than we expect. ;)

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment