Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pics as promised!

This is what the front of the house looks like with a freshly painted picket fence.


The loungeroom ceiling looks much nicer now. The window frame and skirting boards will be a different shade of white eventually. Actually, that reminds me.. I completely forget what I was doing with the window (probably painting around it) when I noticed that the top of the window was not attached to the frame. There was a good sized gap and the window wobbled! I wonder how long it'd been like that for? It's all fixed now, of course. :)

This is my current fermenting collection. Some have been up on that shelf for nearly 3 weeks, and others were done only yesterday. I can't wait to try them!


It's a beautiful clear Autumn day - lovely in the sun, but it will cool down again tonight. Hopefully I'll have more renovations to blog about soon. It's getting down to mostly painting now I think.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. It's looking great Manda!! So are your pickled cabbages and such. Mine is sort of brown on top...:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! I got the info about fermenting in those jars from this link (and others on this website);
      http://www.nourishingtreasures.com/index.php/2012/08/20/can-fido-jars-defy-science-can-they-provide-a-fail-safe-spoilage-free-ferment-with-no-brine-cover-find-out/

      Lots of awesome information to be had there!

      My other favourite is a video from Sandor Katz
      http://youtu.be/i77hU3zR-fQ

      I hope you don't give up! I'm so looking forward to trying them out. Counting down the days, quite literally! :)

      Delete